Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1. This website is operated by Lewis Food Wholesalers Ltd. Terms such as "we", "us" and "our" refer to Lewis Food Wholesalers Ltd where they are used in these terms and conditions.
2. By purchasing something from our ecommerce store, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this document.
4. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the details displayed for a particular item offered for sale are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system.
5. Whilst care is taken to ensure that we display as accurately as possible appearances, colours, textures or finishes, what you will see on your computer monitor or equipment may differ and so we cannot guarantee that images are an accurate representation of the actual goods or services that you are purchasing.
6. We may not be able to accept your order due to one or more of the following reasons, or for a reason not listed below:
i) The item you have ordered is out of stock
ii) We cannot authorise your payment or have reasonable grounds to suspect your payment may be fraudulent
iii) There has been a pricing or product description error
iv) There is a system or procurement failure
v) You have failed our customer validation checks
In the event of any of the above we will endeavour to contact you directly at the earliest opportunity.
7. When you place an order you will receive an email confirming the details of your order. This email is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
8. Your order will only be accepted by us once your goods have been dispatched.
9. Whilst we strive to select the product ordered as accurately as possible, packaging, ingredients, product name and / or brand may be subject to change without any prior notice. Ingredients for products are for a guideline only and may change without prior notice. If you have any ingredients enquiries or allergens then we suggest you contact the manufacturers of the product directly.
10. Whilst we ensure our stock quantities online are as accurate as possible, there may be instances certain items may be out of stock or short dated. If this occurs then we will contact you to arrange a suitable replacement product or an alternative product up to the same value. You are entitled to cancel your order if you wish.
BEST BEFORE DATES
11. The best before dates on products can vary drastically dependant on the type of product or ingredients used within the products. We will dispatch products with a minimum best before date of at least 6 weeks. Most products will far exceed this. If you have a query about best before date before ordering please contact us to discuss on 0121 553 1132 business hours Mon-Fri.
12. On completing your purchase you will be presented with one or more options for delivery. Where an estimated timescale for delivery is provided, this is an estimate only and your items may be delayed in being received due to circumstances beyond our control (such as a courier delay, or at busy times).
13. Where you select a "next day delivery" option, orders placed on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays will not be dispatched for delivery until the following Monday.
14. Products that are returned due to customer not being available to receive goods on an agreed delivery date will be subject to a full re-delivery charge.
15. If you wish to cancel an order you have placed you must contact us immediately to ascertain whether the items have been dispatched or not. Where they have been dispatched, you will need to return the item to us and you will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the items.
16. Where items have not been dispatched prior to a cancellation request our refund policy will apply.
17. Where you have ordered a personalised, perishable or time critical item (such as food) you may not be able to cancel for a full refund.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
18. Lewis Food Wholesalers Ltd shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential or incidental damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity as a result of the use of or the inability to use any items that have been ordered on this website.
19. You agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of any of our terms and conditions.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
21. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and Lewis Food Wholesalers Ltd whether written or oral.
22. We may change these terms and conditions at any time.
23. Should any part-term or term be found to be unenforceable then the remainder of the terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect as if the invalidated term was not present.
24. Should any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these terms and conditions arise where it is beyond our reasonable control, we will not be responsible to you for such delay or failure.